Room rates in our Looza Residence start at as little as 14.50 Euro per night.
Both short stay and Long stay Guests are welcome!
Safe & Comfy Student Accommodation
Centrally located next to all Amenities.
Looza Residence is the ideal accommodation for Erasmus exchange students and Medical electives. Looza offers tastefully furnished private rooms with use of a kitchenette shared between 2 rooms.
Guests are offered accommodation on the second floor of the Meekers home where there are 2 twin rooms, a guest kitchenette, a shower room and a lovely sun terrace.
At Looza we pride ourselves on offering a high quality friendly experience for our guests. When you rent a room in our Looza Residence you will enjoy a modern, comfortable clean home with a friendly atmosphere.
- The kitchenette is equipped with 4 gas burners, a microwave oven, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, coffee maker and all necessary pots, pans, utensils and crockery for cooking.
- Linen and towels are provided and a free laundry service is available too.
- Both rooms are bright and airy and have natural light.
- For those who wish to connect to the internet with their own laptop, tablet or smart phone, a fast WIFI internet connection is available throughout the house. The nominal charge is €1 per day.
- You may also borrow DVDs and books from a vast collection free of charge.
- Both bedrooms are equipped with ceiling fans and air-conditioning units for your comfort. (A/C is on a pay per use basis if you would like to make use of it.)
- Guests are given a house key and are free to come and go without time restrictions.
- Guests may choose their board basis, self-catering basis gives full independence. Those wanting more contact can opt for half board basis with breakfast and dinner included. The bed and breakfast option is also available.
- Rates are reasonable with bills included.
A Home Away From Home
Looza is a spacious pet-free terraced house on 3 floors. Our guests accommodation is located on the 2nd floor of our home where we have two well sized rooms (around 16 m² each.) Each room is furnished with 2 single beds, a wardrobe and desk.
On the same floor we also have a separate guest kitchenette for those who prefer to do their own cooking, a shower room and a large sun terrace with deckchairs, barbecue and smoking area.
Adult guests may make use of a front door key to ‘come and go’.
We offer our guests superior rooms in our homestay accommodation with various options:
- For those who prefer independence we offer the self-catering option using the facilities of our well equipped guest kitchenette.
- Whilst for those who would like to have more contact with the family and wish to practice their English we recommend the bed and breakfast of half board option from Monday to Friday.
Hundreds of Satisfied Guests at Looza Residence.
Looza is located in a central town called San Gwann making it the ideal ‘pied-a-terre’. Erasmus students coming for a semester or academic year at the University of Malta and also Medical electives will find the location unbeatable.
Looza is at a short walk (7 min) down a country lane from the University of Malta and state of the art hospital Mater Dei.
No waiting for buses or depending on the timetable of any shuttle bus or public transport, which means a saving on bus fares and time for students.
With one of the main bus stops by Mater Dei and the University just down the road from Looza, the Island and its many sites are easy accessible by public transport. It’s easy and cheap to get round from here.
The Meekers are service-minded. Both Stefie and Georges have worked in Malta’s hospitality sector. Ask them what you cannot find and they’ll happily guide you.
The Meekers Accommodation is fully licensed by the Malta Tourism Authority.
(click image for slideshow)
On The Map
Have a look at our contact page to see our location on the map.
Friendly student Rates
What Our Guests Say
Have a look at our testimonials to see what our past guests have to say about our Looza Residence accommodation.